Tuesday, March 4, 2008

TRY AGAIN

I didn't really like the name that I gave my initial blog viz "Old Fart from Australia" it being a tad crass, albeit accurate. So, after one post I opted out and sought a better title.

From the dim, dark (mainly dim) recesses of my mind came the name of H. L. Menken, an american journalist of the 1920s-40s acerbic of tongue, though witty at times and labled the 'Old Curmudgeon'--a term applicable to myself and as I am an Aussie (pronounced auzzie), the title of this blog emerged.

Having dampened my toe, again, I'll retire and attempt to think of something to say, comment upon or whinge about in my next post.

AC

3 comments:

Granny J said...

Welcome back, bro

Antipodean Curmudgeon said...

Thanks, I just stuffed up on post 2

Tall nephew said...

G'day grandpa, aunt *cough* Granny J. Nice name, though I couldn't pronounce it for a million dollars.